Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon
Fancy meals don’t get easier than these Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon steaks. With just a couple ingredients and very little time spent, you have a fancy meal that everyone will enjoy. Tenderloin remains fairly tender, even when a little overcooked. Serve this with a light salad for a refreshing meal.
- 4 filet mignon steaks
- 4 slices of thick cut , smoked bacon
- 4 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 dash of your favorite steak seasoning, to taste
Original Recipe Found Here:
- Preheat your grill to high, 500°F, using two burners.
- Season your filets with your favorite steak spice. Take the bacon and spread 1 tsp. of dijon mustard on each. Wrap the bacon around each filet and fasten with a toothpick.
- Sear your wrapped filets for 1 to 2 minutes then turn the steak 45° using tongs. Continue grilling for another minute. Flip your steaks and repeat for the other side.
- Once the filets are seared, turn your grill down to medium low, and move them to the off side of the grill. Continue grilling using indirect heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the touch test (tip of the middle finger to tip of the thumb, touch the pad of the thumb) says that your filets are medium.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and let them rest under foil for 5 to 10 minutes before serving with your favorite BBQ side dishes.
The Easiest Fancy Meal
Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon is hard to mess up. You can also pair this with more hearty grilled veggies and some baked potatoes for an excellent meal for friends and family