This BBQ Recipe has it all, sweet, acidic, and porky. Served with some fried rice, you have a meal that was as filling as it is tasty. The mix of flavors makes this recipe extremely unique, and is one that will be enjoyed by many. This is a somewhat difficult recipe but the hard work is worth it in the end.
- 1 large whole pineapple
- 1/2 lb. pork loin roast
- Your favorite BBQ seasoning
- 1 package of thick cut bacon
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- Skewers or butcher's twine
- Drip pan
Original Recipe Found Here:
- Preheat the grill to 300°F preparing for indirect grilling, or using the rear burner only.
- Remove the top, bottom, and skin from the pineapple. Carefully cut out the hard core of the pineapple, plus a little more, to make room for the pork loin. Set aside.
- Lay out some plastic wrap on a flat surface and use the bacon to create a tight weave pattern. Season the bacon with your favorite BBQ rub.
- Trim the pork loin to fit in the opening you created in the pineapple, then season it with your favorite rub and BBQ sauce before gently stuffing it in the pineapple. You may need to trim the pork a little further to fit. Do this as gently as possible to avoid tearing the pineapple.
- Using the plastic wrap to help, wrap the pineapple with the bacon weave that you made. Use butcher’s twine or soaked wooden skewers to keep everything in place.
- Place the Swineapple, seam side down, on the roasting rack over the drip pan. Grill the Swineapple using indirect heat, or the rear burner. Use the Napoleon Wireless Digital Thermometer, with the probe placed directly into the center pork and set to 155°F, to monitor the internal temperature.
- Starting at the 1 hour mark, begin basting your Swineapple with BBQ sauce. Baste on all sides, every 10 minutes until the pork is done.
- Carefully slice the Swineapple and serve hot. It will be a little messy, however, the crazy flavor will make up for looks. Try it with some BBQ Fried Rice, or a delicious salad.
The Rare BBQ SwineApple
This BBQ SwineApple recipe was created for the mix of very bold flavors. All the flavors from grilled pineapple, and the classic taste of bacon makes for a perfect combination.