BBQ Duck With Sweet Pea Risotto
This is an excellent way to grill duck, and then a perfect side dish to pair with it. The sweet pea risotto is creamy and sweet which accents the BBQ flavor of the duck amazingly. Also, all this cooking is very easy to do for this recipe. This will be a meal your friends and family will thoroughly enjoy!
- 2 duck breasts, room temperature, patter dry
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper for rub
Sweet Pea Risotto:
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp. of butter
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 dash of parsley
- Salt to taste
Original Recipe Found Here:
- Wipe your grids down with oil. Preheat grill to high on one side. Or use your infrared for this. But you still want the grill preheated to 450°F.
- Pat the duck breasts dry with paper towel. Score the skin of the breast in a diamond pattern. Massage the salt, pepper, and garlic into them.
- Add the peas, and about ½ a cup of stock to the rice. Stir until fully soaked up by the rice. Repeat until the rice is tender. Once tender, stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Meanwhile sear the duck breasts, meat side down for a minute or two if you are using a regular grill. For infrared, only about 45 seconds. Flip the breasts and sear the skin side.
- Turn your grill down, if you only have one burner, or if you have more than one burner, turn off all but one burner and move the duck breasts to the “off” side of the grill, skin side down. Cook for 10 minutes over indirect heat. Flip the breasts again and cook for another 4 minutes. It is okay to have the duck a little pink in the middle.
- Remove the breasts from the grill, cover with tinfoil and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice the duck and serve atop a bed of risotto.
Classic BBQ With A Sweet Side
This BBQ Duck With Sweet Pea Risotto is an easy recipe that you can put together with ease, but it will feel like a full meal that took a longtime to prepare. Enjoy this with friends and family.