Horseradish Potato Salad is the perfect creamy potato salad with one heck of a kick. If you love hot stuff, kick things up a notch with extra horseradish. Pair this side dish with sweet and sticky ribs or wings, and you will have the quintessential barbecue meal.
- 4 to 6 fist sized russet potatoes
- 3 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 medium leaves of cabbage, shredded
- 1 to 2 green onions, sliced
- pinch smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tbsp of parsley
- 1 tsp each of freshly ground pepper and salt
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 1/5 tbsp of dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp of white vinegar
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of horseradish mayonnaise (or 3 tbsp on horseradish)
Original Recipe Found Here:
- Peel the potatoes and slice them into bite-sized chunks, no bigger than 1½-inches square. Fill a pot with enough water to cover the potatoes, then bring them to a boil for at least 15 minutes, or until, when stabbed with a fork, they just slide off the fork. Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool.
- While the potatoes are boiling, make the sauce and other ingredients. Save some dishes by using one large bowl for this recipe. Start by combining all of the ingredients for the dressing in the large bowl and whisking them together. You can control the heat by adding as much or as little horseradish mayo as you want. If you’re using horseradish, not horseradish mayo, know the strength of the horseradish you are using and adjust according to your tastes.
- Add the diced eggs, onion, and shredded cabbage. Once cooled a little, add the potatoes too. Using a spoon or spatula, gently toss everything together, making sure that each ingredient is well mixed and coated.
- This is where you have a choice. You can chill the potato salad until it’s cold, or wait at least 2 hours to overnight to serve. The longer you wait to serve, the better it will taste.
- When ready to serve to your guests, top with freshly sliced green onion and a pinch of paprika for show.
Potato Salad With A Kick
This Horseradish Potato Salad recipe is a great meal that is relatively easy to make, and will be loved by friends and family for a great meal.