Smoked Teriyaki Beef Jerky
This beef jerky will come out smokey, tender, with a little bit of crunchy bits, but it will be a wonderfully tasting snack. This will give you a great snack that will last for a long time, and gives you a new type of recipe to try on your grill.
- 2+ lbs of eye of round roast
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1-inch knob of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 3/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup of sake
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp of red chili flakes (or to taste)
Original Recipe Found Here:
- In a large glass bowl, or non-reactive container with a lid, combine all of the marinade ingredients.
- Trim the fat from the beef before slicing it into 1/4-inch thick slices, about 1-inch wide. Submerge the beef strips into the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Prepare your smoker for a cool smoke, you are aiming for a temperature of between 230°F and 250°F.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and lay them in a single layer directly on the cooking grids. Smoke for 2 to 5 hours, flipping them every hour or so, until the meat is dehydrated. Spray with apple juice, or beef stock if you feel they're dehydrating too fast and burning. Lower the temperature of the smoker.
- Once done, remove the jerky from the grill and allow it to cool completely before consuming in a beefy frenzy of deliciousness. Then repeat this process, because you wanted the jerky for a snack next week and you ate it all.
New Style Of Grilling To Try
This Smoked Teriyaki Beef Jerky is a great meal that is relatively easy to make, and will be loved by friends and family for a great meal.