Spicy Chili With Dark Chocolate
This Spicy Chili with Dark Chocolate is the strangest chili that I have ever made, though it is certainly the most delicious. If you need a warm bowl of yum on a cool day, you need to try this chili. Try this recipe out and it is guaranteed not to disappoint.
- 1 lb. ground beef (ground sausage, turkey, or combination
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, diced
- 1 sweet bell pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 6 to 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 cups of diced/crushed tomatoes in herbs and spices
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (125 g) of 70-80% dark chocolate
- 1 can (540ml) of beans (optional)
Chili Seasoning Spice:
- 4 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of crushed red pepper - plus more to taste
- 1 tbsp of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 2 tsp of ground cumin
- 2 tsp of dried parsley
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 tsp of dried basil
Original Recipe Found Here:
- In a dutch oven, or grill safe pot with lid, on the side burner of your grill, melt the butter and oil. Add the onion and sweat it until the onion is tender. Add the beef and jalapeño, continuing to cook until the beef is cooked through.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, the peppers, carrots, mushrooms, and garlic. You can add beans if you would like Mexican-Style Chili instead of Spanish-Style Chili without beans. Add the Chili Seasoning Spices and mix well. Bring the contents of your dutch oven (or pot that fits in your grill) to a simmer.
- Preheat your grill to 350°F.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate and move the chili off your side burner onto the grill and put the lid on the dutch oven or pot. Close the lid of the grill. Cook the chili using indirect heat for at least 1 hour, or until the carrots are fork tender.
- Serve hot with fresh bread, tortilla chips, sour cream, cheese, or whatever else you love with or on your chili.
Everything Is Better With Chocolate
This Spicy Chili With Dark Chocolate recipe is a great meal that is relatively easy to make, and will be loved by friends and family for a great meal.