Bourbon Smoked Chicken Wings
Everyone loves a good chicken wing, but this recipe will bring a new and unique flavor to your table. With a wide range of ingredients this will turn out to be an amazing meal to eat, as well as, a very fun meal to prepare. Also possibly giving you a new experience with how you use your grill.
- 1/2 tbsp of smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp of kosher salt
- 3/4 tbsp of light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp of chili powder
- 3/4 tsp of paprika
- 3/4 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne powder
- 1/2 tsp of dried mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp of dried ground thyme
Bourbon BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 onion, finely minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 3/4 cup of bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp of salt
- 2 cups of ketchup
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 1/3 cup of cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/3 tsp of hot pepper sauce, or to taste
Original Recipe Found Here:
- Mix dry rub ingredients together thoroughly.
- Season the wings with the dry rub ensuring every wing is well coated.
- Soak 2 cups of Hickory Wood Chips in cold water for at least 30 minutes. Fill the Napoleon Smoker Box with the soaked chips. Place Smoker Box into the grill replacing the sear plate. Place a drip tray over remaining burners.
- Heat the grill to 250°F using the burner under the smoker box. Keep the remaining burners off.
- In a medium saucepan, add onion, garlic, and bourbon. Simmer for 10 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add remaining sauce ingredients. Bring to a simmer for at least 5 min.
- Place the wings on the grill using indirect heat. Allow wings to Smoke for 2 – 2.5 hours, turning periodically, and refilling wood chips as necessary. Do not open the grill too often as smoke will be lost.
- Once the wings are cooked remove the drip tray. Heat the grill to medium-high and place the wings on the grill. Use direct heat and grill the wings for 1-2 minutes per side, basting the other side with BBQ sauce. Do this 3 – 4 times to build a thick caramelized coat of sauce.
Best New Wing Recipe
This Bourbon Smoked Chicken Wings recipe is a great meal that is relatively easy to make, and will be loved by friends and family for a great meal.