Have you ever wanted to try duck for the first time, or wanted to try cooking it yourself and thought how hard could it be? Well this recipe shows you that it is easy, and a recipe that anyone can do. With great, strong citrus flavors, and that grill flavor that you cannot beat you will not disappoint with preparing this recipe. Bring a not so common meal to your table with this excellent recipe.
- 1 whole duck (6 lbs)
- 4 oranges, cut into quarters
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Ginger Garlic Stir-Fry Seasoning, to taste
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
Original Recipe Found Here:
- Preheat the grill to 350°F (175°C) using the rear burner.
- Prepare the duck by removing excess fat and scoring the skin in the breast area. Stuff the duck with the cut oranges.
- Season the duck with salt and pepper to taste, as well as the Club House Ginger Garlic Stir Fry Seasoning, making sure to press the seasonings into the skin well.
- Slide one set of forks onto the rotisserie spit rod and then carefully feed the seasoned duck onto the rod. Slide the next set of forks onto the rod and secure the duck in the middle of the rod by tightening the thumb screws on the forks. Make sure the load is balanced.
- Place the duck on the spit rod into the grill and turn on the rotisserie motor. Place a drip pan with 1 cup of water under the duck. Grill for 1 hour and check the internal temperature and the drip pan. Add more water to the pan as needed.
- When the duck reaches an internal temperature of 100°F (38°C), begin basting with a mixture of orange juice and Grand Marnier. The duck is done at an internal temperature of 140°F (60°C).
Nice and Easy Grilled Duck
This Grilled Duck recipe gives anyone an easy way to cook duck. With simple ingredients and simple cooking you will have created an excellent meal for family and friends.