Maple & Coffee Brined Pork Chops With Grilled Apple Slices
Maple & Coffee Brined Pork Chops with Grilled Apple Slices, Roasted Hassleback New Potatoes & Mustard Cream Sauce. This recipe will become a new and fun favorite meal to be grilled. This is easy to enjoy with friends and family.
For The Brined Pork
- 2 tbsp of ground coffee
- 4 tbsp of maple syrup
- 4 tbsp of sea salt
- 4 large pork chops, bone in
For The Potatoes:
- 2.25 lbs of New Potatoes
- a few springs of sage leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For The Mustard Cream Sauce:
- 2/3 cup of double cream
- 2 tsp of whole grain mustard
Original Recipe Found Here:
What To Do In The Kitchen:
*You’ll need to brine the pork chops the day before you want to cook them
- Add the coffee to a cafetiere and pour over 400ml freshly boiled water. Leave for 2 minutes before plunging and then pour the coffee into a large jug to cool. Once cold, stir through the salt and maple syrup until dissolved.
- Place the chops in a food bag and pour in the coffee brine. Tie the bag, removing as much air as possible and give the bag a squish about to make sure the chops are completely submerged. Place in the fridge and leave to brine overnight or for up to 24 hours.
- When you are ready to cook, take each potato and lay it on a chopping board. Slice into the potatoes about three-quarters of the way through, about 2mm apart, taking care not to cut all the way through. Place into a bowl and drizzle over the olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper and toss well to mix.
What To Do At The BBQ:
- Fire up all the burners on the barbecue and leave to get hot for a few minutes.
- Take 2 large sheets of foil and lay them in a cross shape. Tip the potatoes into the middle, in a single layer, cut side facing up and sprinkle over the sage. Seal up the foil tightly to form a parcel and lay with the cut potatoes facing down onto the grill bars. Close the lid and leave to cook for 30 minutes, then turn over and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through, carefully open up the parcel and place them directly onto the hot grill bars, cut side down so they can get really lovely and crisp.
- Remove the chops from the bag and discard the brine. Drizzle a little oil over them and place onto the grill bars and cook for 6-7 minutes on each side.
- At the same time, lay the apple wedges onto the bars and cook for about 12 minutes, turning regularly.
- Once you’ve turned the chops over, add the cream and mustard to a small heatproof (no plastic handles) pan and set onto the grill over a low heat to warm through whilst everything finishes cooking.
- To serve, divide the crispy potatoes between warmed plates, add a pork chop and top with a couple of apple wedges. Drizzle over a little of the mustard cream and tuck in whilst piping hot.
New Flavors For Pork Chops
This Maple & Coffee Brined Pork Chops With Grilled Apple Slices recipe is a great meal that is relatively easy to make, and will be loved by friends and family for a great meal.