Barbecued Apple Dutch Baby
Who knew that desserts can be made on a grill also. This delicious meal can be whipped up in no time. With sweet apple flavors and the classic warm pie dessert, this easy recipe will be one that will bring a new way to enjoy your grill even more!
- 2 Apples, cored and divided into 16 pieces
- 1 lemon zest
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of fine sea salt
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of white granular sugar
- unsalted butter as needed
- confectioner's sugar as needed
Original Recipe Found Here:
- Position rack in center of barbecue, preheat gas or charcoal barbecue to 425°F (220°C).
- . Combine flour, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl, whisk to combine.
- Combine milk, eggs, vanilla and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl, whisk to combine.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into dry ingredients, whisk to combine, cover and set aside.
- . Heat a large cast iron or heavy-bottom sauté pan over medium-high, add butter.
- When butter melts and bubbles add apples, top with sugar, tossing occasionally sauté until golden brown.
- Place cast iron ramekins or sauté pan in the barbecue to preheat.
- Carefully remove the ramekins or sauté pan from the oven, add butter to coat the bottom and sides.
- . Arrange apples in the bottom of the ramekins or sauté pan, pour batter over apples.
- . Return to the barbecue and bake until batter puffs and golden brown at the edges, 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the ramekins or sauté pan to a cooling rack, garnish with confectioners' sugar to finish.
Dessert on the Grill? Who Knew!
This Barbecued Apple Dutch Baby is a great dessert that is easy to make, and will be loved by friends and family after a great dinner.