Moroccan Lamb Rotisserie With Apricot Mint Pesto
If you ever wanted to find a new and interesting way to cook lamb this is the recipe to try out! With amazing ingredients that create such unique and traditional flavors, everyone should try out this grilling recipe. This is such an easy meal to make as well, just mix the ingredients and let it slow cook.
- 5 lb deboned and butterflied leg of lamb
- 1 tsp of coriander
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1/4 tsp of Aleppo pepper
- 1 tbsp of kosher salt
- 1 tbsp of pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tbsp of mint
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of rosemary
- 1 tbsp of dried apricot
- Zest of 1 lime
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Original Recipe Found Here:
- In a small bowl, make the rub by combining the coriander, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, turmeric, Aleppo pepper and kosher salt. Set aside.
- To make the apricot mint pesto, combine the pine nuts, mint, garlic, rosemary, dried apricot and lime zest in a small food processor and pulse 10-15 times until finely minced.
- On a large cutting board, lay out the deboned and butterflied leg of lamb. Season generously with salt and cracked pepper. Evenly distribute the apricot mint pesto across the butterflied meat. Tightly roll the meat width-wise and tie with butcher’s twine. Generously season the tightly rolled leg of lamb with the Moroccan rub.
- Follow the Fire Magic Rotisserie set up instructions and evenly secure the leg of lamb on the meat holder.
- Using the Fire Magic Backburner on high, roast 1 – 1 ½ hours or until internal temperature reads 145* for medium rare. Remove from grill and place on a cutting board and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Slice into 1” medallions crosswise and serve warm.
Slow Cooked Rotisserie Lamb
An excellent lamb dish with a wide variety of ingredients and flavors. This will be a dish remembered by friends and family for a long time!