If you like the sweet taste of pineapple and the ease of grilling chicken and vegetables on a skewer then this recipe is one your are going to want to try. Skewers are such a common way to grill, and that is because it is so easy to do. You simply cut up a few things and put it on a skewer and you are ready to go. This recipe will help you spice up that common routine.
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 pineapple juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- 1 tbsp of water
- 4 Chicken breasts, boneless/skinless, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- cups of fresh pineapple, cut into 1 inch cubes
Chopped cilantro for garnish
Original Recipe Found Here:
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, pepper, salt, water, and cornstarch.
- Bring the brown sugar mixture to boil for around 1 to 3 minutes until the mixture just starts to thicken. Remove from heat and reserve ¼ cup of the sauce for glazing.
- Marinate the chicken in the sauce in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Thread the chicken on skewers along with the peppers, red onion, and pineapple.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes until the meat is done to the desired liking. Remove from the grill and baste with reserved sauce. Garnish with green onions if desired.
Sweet and Tangy Skewers
This Hawaiian Chicken Skewers is a great meal that is relatively easy to make, and will be loved by friends and family for a great meal.