There is no better scene than to be sitting in the backyard with friends and family while there is a pot full of shrimp boiling. Then to enjoy all the flavors that are brought out from the seasoning getting boiled with the seafood. Then there are the sides that pair perfectly to the seafood and make for an excellent meal.
- 3 lbs. of jumbo shrimp, unshelled
- 24 bay scallops, shucked and trimmed, shells saved
- 8 tbsp. of butter, melted, and more for serving
- 1/4 cup of Old Bay seasoning
- 1.5 lbs. of fresh okra pods
- 4 ears of corn, husked, cut crosswise into 2 inch sections
- 12 oz of cooked andouille sausage links
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Hot Sauce, for serving
Original Recipe Found Here:
- Using kitchen shears, make a lengthwise cut through the back of each shrimp. Use the tine of a fork or the tip of a bamboo skewer to pull out the vein if you see one.
- Mix the Old Bay seasoning and butter in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and scallops and stir to mix. Skewer on separate bamboo skewers. Thread the okra pods through their sides on skewers as well; use 2 skewers to keep the okra from spinning.
- Set up the grill for direct grilling and preheat to high. If using a gas grill, wood chunks in the smoker box and run the grill on high until you see smoke. If using a charcoal grill, preheat it to high, then toss 1 or 2 wood chunks on the coals.
- When ready to cook, brush and oil the grill grate. Arrange the andouille sausage links on the grill and warm, turning frequently to avoid flare-ups. Remove from the grill and slice crosswise on a diagonal. Keep warm. Cook the okra for 4 to 6 minutes total, turning once. Grill the corn until darkly browned, 6 to 8 minutes, turning as needed. Place the skewered, marinated shrimp and scallops on the hot grate and grill until just cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the grilled shrimp, scallops, andouille sausage, okra, and corn to a platter. Drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with chives. Serve with hot sauce on the side.
A Classic Shrimp Boil Recipe
This Grill Top Shrimp Boil makes it easy to enjoy that seafood and seasoning flavor that is combined so perfectly in a boil. Then enjoyed with potatoes or whichever sides you makes for an excellent meal.