This Barbecued Lamb Shank recipe is full of sweet flavors and smooth textures. You will enjoy this meal almost as much as you will cooking it. Lamb does not have to be a special meal. With this meal you can enjoy all the flavors from a good piece of lamb with the classic grill flavors.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of dried apricots
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of ground pepper
- 6 Lamb shanks
- 2 cups of harissa paste
- 4 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- Serve with pomegranates, plain yogurt, and fresh mint leaves
Original Recipe Found Here:
- Preheat the grill to medium-high, about 400°F, prepare to use the direct grilling method.
- Add the olive oil, dried apricots, raisins, diced onion, carrots, celery, and smashed garlic to a roasting pan.
- Place the roasting pan directly on the grill and close the lid, allowing the ingredients to sauté.
- Preheat the Infrared Side Burner to High. Season the lamb shanks with salt and pepper, then sear them on all sides.
- Set the lamb shanks aside to cool until they are cool enough to touch.
- Once cooled, coat the lamb shanks generously with harissa paste.
- Reduce the barbecue's heat to around 300°F to 350°F.
- Add the lamb to the roasting pan and pour in 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock. Cover with foil. Allow to cook for 2 to 2.5 hours or until the meat pulls away from the bone.
- Remove the lamb from the grill. Strain braising liquid (liquid in the roasting pan) and reduce it in a saucepan until slightly thickened.
- Serve the lamb shanks with the thickened jus, pomegranates, yogurt, and fresh mint.
New BBQ Lamb Meal For You
This Barbecued Lamb Shanks recipe is an excellent meal to prepare for any occasion. Few ingredients and cooking needs makes this extremely easy, and will be enjoyed by friends and family.