Rotisserie Roasted Lamb Gyros Over Charcoal
Rotisserie Roasted Lamb Gyros Over Charcoal is an excellent way to make an amazing gyro meal, and with all the flavors you will be left satisfied. You will get those irreplaceable flavors you can only get from cooking over charcoal. Mixed with all the different ingredients it will be a meal you will cook over and over again.
- 2 lamb shoulders, boneless
- 1 tbsp of coriander seed
- 1 tbsp of dried thyme
- 2 tbsp of sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of peppercorns
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
Original Recipe Found Here:
- Slice the lamb into thin flat slices.
- Using a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder, grind together the dry ingredients.
- Season the meat with the ground spices and marinate for 60 minutes or overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove the grill's cooking grids and sear plates. Insert the Cast Iron Charcoal tray.
- Load and preheat the charcoal, allowing it to get white and ash over. When you're ready to cook, add some soaked wood chips to the smoker section of the charcoal tray or directly to the lit charcoal.
- While the charcoal is heating, load slices of lamb onto the rotisserie spit.
- Load the spit onto the grill and allow the lamb to cook until internal temperature reaches 130°F.
- Slice off desired serving portion, while leaving the gyro to continue turning. This can be done repeatedly, to keep the meat ready to serve. Alternatively, cook to an internal temperature of 145°F and remove from grill, allow to rest 15-20 minutes and remove spit.
- Assemble Gyros to liking using prepared garnishes.
Classic Charcoal Flavored Lamb
This Rotisserie Roasted Lamb Gyros Over Charcoal recipe is a great meal that is relatively easy to make, and will be loved by friends and family for a great meal.