Cheesy Game Day Taco Dip
Looking for a new Game Day Appetizer? Serve your and family the famous Cheesy Game Day Taco Dip from Napoleon! Bake the dip until bubbling and hot, filled with beef and finished off with Jalapenos and Cilantro. With this recipe, be sure to have a super bowl of tortilla chips for serving this hot dip; it will definitely have you wanting more. The best part is that you can make this gluten-free recipe in advance.
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 3 tbsp. Taco Seasoning
- 1 Package of Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
- 4 Cups Shredded Cheese (Cheddar, Monterey Jack and Mozzarella)
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 2 Cups Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups Salsa
- 1-3 Jalapeno Peppers, Diced and more for serving
- 1 handful of cilantro or sliced green onion for serving
- Brown the ground beef with 2 tbsp. of taco seasoning. Drain and set aside, allowing it to cool a little.
- In a bowl, use a hand mixer to blend the cream cheese, 2 cups of your favorite shredded cheese(s), garlic, and the remaining taco seasoning. Add enough sour cream, up to ¼ cup, to bind everything together.
- Preheat your grill to between 350°F and 400°F preparing to use the indirect grilling method.
- Spread the cheese mixture in the bottom of a casserole or 9x13-inch baking dish. Spread the layer of ground beef on top of the cheese mixture. Top the ground beef with a layer of sour cream and jalapeño peppers, followed by the salsa. Finally, top everything with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake on the grill until the insides are bubbly and hot, and the top is golden and crispy, about 30 minutes (or until you can wait for this deliciousness no longer and must eat it now).
- Serve topped with more jalapeño, fresh cilantro, sliced green onion, or whatever else you want, just don’t forget you will need all of the tortilla chips.
Tailgate The Right Way
This Napoleon Recipe is perfect for a tailgate in chilly weather; actually it would go really well on top of chili... You will want to have copious amounts of napkins or serve it with a spoon and plate. Will you serve this at your next game day gathering?