Whistling Wings - Chicken Wings With Steam Whistle Pilsner BBQ Sauce
Making these easy Whistling Wings. Chicken Wings with Steam Whistle Pilsner BBQ Sauce are a pretty fast recipe, they’re great for a snack, party, or even for dinner. What a perfect way to use beer when you barbecue. This will be an appetizer or meal that will not be forgotten.
- 1 lb. of split chicken wings
- 1/4 cup of your favorite rub
Steam Whistle Pilsner BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated, or 1 tbsp of garlic paste
- 2 tsp of chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bottle of Steam Whistle Pilsner
- 1/2 cup of blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 cup of grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp of cider vinegar
- Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
Original Recipe Found Here:
- Preheat your grill to 400°F and prepare for indirect grilling.
- Toss the wings in your favorite rub, and grill the wings over indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, half way through.
- While your wings are grilling, start making the sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and thyme, cooking for about a minute, until fragrant. Add the Steam Whistle, allowing the foam to dissipate before adding in the molasses, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer and continue to simmer until reduced and thickened. PRO TIP: To speed things along, take 2 tsp. of the sauce and mix it with 2 tsp. of cornstarch, carefully drizzle that back in to the simmering pot. The sauce should thicken quickly.
- Once the chicken wings are done on the grill, you can hit them with some direct heat over the “on” side. Or use the Napoleon Stainless Steel Wok and some oil to fry the chicken wings until super crispy.
- When you’re ready, toss the wings in the sauce. There should be a lot of sauce so reserve some for your other favorite grilled foods. Serve with an ice-cold bottle of Steam Whistle, a pile of fresh veggies, and a boatload of napkins.
Your New Favorite Wing Sauce
This Whistling Wings - Chicken Wings With Steam Whistle Pilsner BBQ Sauce recipe is a great meal that is relatively easy to make, and will be loved by friends and family for a great meal.