Strip Steak With Orange Tarragon Compound Butter
This recipe has been put together with some unique ingredients included. This delectable recipe pairs excellent strip steak with orange tarragon compound butter so it comes together perfectly to create an incredibly unique mix of flavors. The thing about this recipe is that it is so easy to make!
- 4 8oz strip steaks
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 2 tbsp of tarragon, minced
- 1 tbsp of orange zest
- 2 tbsp of shallots, minced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
Original Recipe Found Here:
- Using a rubber spatula, whip together the butter, tarragon, orange, shallot and a pinch of salt.
- Form a log with the butter mixture. Waxed paper or plastic wrap work well for rolling the soft mixture. Chill for 20 minutes or until ready to serve the steak.
- Preheat the grill to 450
- Pat steak dry with a paper towel. Excess water will create a steam effect and limit your ability to achieve a great sear. Place a drop of extra virgin olive oil on each side of the steak and rub in a pinch of salt and pepper on all sides.
- Using grill tongs, evenly distribute meat over the heat. Sear on each side 3-4 minutes. Strip steaks usually have a nice piece of fat running along one edge. In the final 60 seconds before pulling the meat from the grill, use the tongs to rest the steak along this fat edge. Let the flames render off the fat and leave you with awesome charbroiled flavor!
- While the steak is still hot, slice a medallion of the compound butter and let melt on top. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing into this iron rich goodness. Enjoy!
New Twist on Strip Steak
This Strip Steak recipe has such bold flavors and mixed with unique textures of the tender steak, and all the flavors that are in the butter. Extremely easy to make and enjoy with friends and family.